Thursday, January 10, 2019

Pink & Blue 1000 Triangle Quilt: Ready for Machine Quilting






This quilt top turned out super!  All the seams went together like they are supposed to formed.  I guess I haven't lost my touch for precision patchwork.  I used some thrifted linens: the quilt border was a set of Ralph Lauren pillowcases.  I was pleasantly surprised how much yardage I sourced from them.  The backing is a lovely flat sheet.  The binding is pink chintz from my 1980s stash.  Yea, I have fabric that old. :-)  I'm confident this will be quilted & in use by the end of the month.  Yea!

Will you look at that blue sky?  So wonderful! 
Have a Creative Day Y'All! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, it does look great! I'm amazed how much fabric came from pillow cases, too! King sized, I'm thinking. But still, a lot of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, regular sized pillowcases. I'm going to cut up a few more for the next coins quilt as borders. Really trying to downsize & I am more inclined to take 3 pieces over 1 big piece. In my mind I am using more (although I'm not). I think I have 3 less pieces than 1 piece.

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!