Friday, January 11, 2019

Coins Quilt: Basic Plans

There were scraps left over from the Blue & Pink 1000 Triangle Pyramid quilt.  There weren't enough for another quilt by themselves.  Thankfully!  My new resolve is to use them & not return them to the storage bins. 


I pulled fabrics out of the 2 tubs I had earmarked I wanted to use by the end of winter.  What a great idea!  Instead of going through a bunch of boxes, I just had 2 tubs to look through for possible fabrics.  I was pleasantly surprised to find enough for my next quilt.  





It's basically the same palette but I plan to sew a coins quilt next with the fabrics. 

I hopped onto EQ and pulled together a layout for a twin sized quilt.  It's a basic guideline and I'll follow it for the measurements more than anything.  I just want to make sure I have something close to a twin size when I am finished.


So here are the bare bones plans for my next cotton scrap quilt.  In the meantime I have my queen size tshirt quilt on the longarm waiting to be quilted.  Until I quilt it, I won't be able to load any new quilts.  I see what my weekend project is going to be!

Have a Creative Day Y'All! 


6 comments:

  1. I always liked the Coins pattern. I’m sure you will make it sing with your scrappy stacks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many fun ideas if you use the coins pattern as the starting point.

      Delete
  2. I like your varying width arrangement! This is going to be great! It's exciting to see you whipping through these, true to your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really trying to keep the fabric choices narrowly selected and use what I pull all the way to their end before moving on to another fabric group. I hope that works well because it could be a great way to work for maximum results.

      Delete
  3. Love those coin quilts! I made quite a few of them back when hand dyed fabrics were all the rage. Now I'm thinking it would be fun to use the repros I've been collecting. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, coin quilts are one of my "go to" patterns. They are so adaptable for any fabrics and the layout possibilities are really endless. I enjoy both making and viewing them.

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!