Tuesday, January 1, 2019

My Studio: Where Women Create Day 2

I'm like a locomotive on adrenaline!  Once I got started organizing my studio so it works better for me in 2019, I couldn't stop. 

I have a nice big table previously known as a hollow core door that I couldn't see under or on top.  I decided to ruthlessly tackle the containers and piles there.  While fireworks boomed all over the neighborhood (I could have bought a Mercedes with the amount of money my neighbors spent on fireworks in 2018.) I evaluated and made new piles or defined boxes better.  I'm now down to the "hard stuff".  It would be easy to put it in my storage room if there was a crowbar big enough to get it through the door. 


I struggle with places to put my inventory tubs between shows.  I think this solution will work.  They are stacked under the table-nice and neat and the dogs won't get into them and wreck havoc.

I dumped out that straw hamper and it produced 4 containers of strips, strings and very, very useful scraps (and by very, I mean very, very :-)) for raw edge work.  Using those scraps alone could probably take me half of the year. 


Throughout the sorting process I discovered I have enough pieces and good sized scraps for 2 improvisational quilts.   I like when that happens.  Most of my work flows from one project into the next project.  When that happens I am a very happy artist.



 
Lots of big prints made this stack.  I have some cultural fabrics in there too that I have been "saving" for the right project.  2019 may be their year!


The oddball fabrics that are really clothes.  I'll harvest them when I need them.  They turned out to be unsuitable for selling on Poshmark.  


Cotton Knits.  Boy those multiplied in a hurry!  The queen sized quilt top on the frame didn't even make a dimple in that pile and its cousin piles in the storage room.  I'm unsure when I decided I needed to collect tshirt knits.  


One more tub to figure out!  Like, what's in it?  Where's it going now?  Just little decisions. 


I'm so happy with this side of my studio!  I'm motivated to make the other sides sing as well. 



A little encouragement as we move forward into a new year.  
Thanks for stopping by! 

Have a Creative Day Y'All! 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous... and motivating!!! You did well, and that wall is neat & orderly. I even see folded fabric stacks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, that last picture is amazing! It looks so neat and tidy and organized. You went through a lot of stuff. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!