Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Collage Art Work: Snippets

The actual binding on these pieces was sewn quickly.  Deciding how to do it and then doing it took what felt like forever!

Snippets from previous projects have been machine embroidery sewn to a background.  I love how the spontaneous pieces are grid stitched.  The ying/yang is so appealing to me.

 
Lovely piece of linen with little snippets through the middle.  It could be a table runner but I think it would be striking on a wall.



 I love everything about these pieces!  The spontaneity of the fabrics is awesome. 









This is why it is so hard for me to part with any little scrap!  They speak such volumes about our lives.  I like to think the fabrics are bonded to each other like we are bonded as friends and family.

Have a Creative Day, Y'All!  

1 comment:

  1. Those are great, definitely in the art category. I like all of them, but the middle one appeals to me most because it reminds me of a beach with a folded umbrella, a beach chair, the ocean, sand, maybe a rich sunset or a cloudy day. It is very appealing. How big is that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!