Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Reconstructed Patchwork Dress Finished

My patchwork dress is finished!  My main goal to use parts and pieces to their full advantage worked out well.  I harvested sections of the blue man's hawaiian shirt so they were at the bottom and avoided sewing a hem (timesaver).  I used the panel of another man's shirt that included the pocket so I have a side pocket (timesaver).  I carefully took out the sleeves and replaced them with sleeves from another shirt (timesaver).  I decided to leave the original collar because it supports scarves and necklaces better than no collar.  I also decided not to limit my choices by attaching the scarf as a neckline finish.

It's a roomy boxy silhouette.  I added side loops for an empire waistline belt.  Or, I can leave the dress full.  Either way it's comfortable and easy to wear.











I like this scarf with the dress best.  It pulls the colors up into the neck area.  Both looks are super!  Happy with the Dress!

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

5 comments:

  1. You did it! Very fun! (I saw it first on FB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job! I love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to do more of these lovely dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never have seen those possibilities. =) Thanks for mentioning the time savers, too. Now I want a picture of you wearing it, please.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!