Monday, May 28, 2018

Reconstructed Patchwork Clothes

Last summer I sewed some reconstructed dresses to wear at the art markets.  They were fun & I'm sure I'll wear them this summer too.  Toward that end, I've been eyeing some of the clothes I've purchased for my Poshmark closet as good candidates for reconstructed patchwork clothes.

I'm taking today as a "Me Day" and I've pulled some "parts and pieces" that I personally like so I can work them into a new patchwork dress.
One of my characteristics that hinders me sometimes is the inability to use supplies for myself.  I'll sew 50 quilts for others before I even consider sewing something for myself.  I have some lovely fabrics that make my heart sing.  I've decided to use them for some self-love and sew some garments I can wear to my various events.

My ultimate goal is to invite my Poshmark clients to meet me at my blog and show them what can be done with basic garments.  I'll be sewing all the prototypes in my size so I'll also have them to model when I am out visiting with people.

Today's project is turning a blouse into a dress.  I like this blouse/shirt quite a bit as it is but I will wear it more as a patchwork dress.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.


I'm not fond of cuffed shirts.  I like ¾ length sleeves best. So I am sure I will cut these sleeves off.


I recently bought this soft flowing scarf.  I may take off the shirt collar and replace it with this scarf.  It's also a great fabric with all the colors I like and plan to use for the skirt.

I'm not sure why but lately I am reconnecting with tropical florals so I anticipate these 2 groups of fabrics will become the patchwork skirt.  I always buy embroidered clothes when I find them reasonably priced with the goal of repurposing them into other projects. 




Maybe a little ruffle around the sleeve hem or the neckline?  or both?

And a belt.  I have these slim samples from a fabric book that would be swell patches along this length of denim I cut from a skirt.  It's basically already hemmed. 



So here are the raw parts and pieces ready for their reincarnation as a dress!  Fun, fun, fun!

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to seeing what wonderful garments you create with this stash. This is so ME. Boho meets gypsie meets hippie, lol. I'm working on scrappy patches on a skirt at the moment (my way of 'saving' an old loved skirt).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished dress! Hope you had a nice holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now I really want to see the dress! I am not gifted at seeing how this will work out, but I do like the parts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!