Monday, February 26, 2018

Sunday Thrifting

It rained most of Sunday & I was up most of Saturday night with restless dogs unsure about the storms.  Therefore, I didn't try anything too brain strenuous on Sunday.  That means wandering around the thrift store looking for treasures.  My favorite thrift store is having their annual ½ off winter sale so the line to the register was the longest I have ever seen.  In the end, it was worth the wait.

I came home with 10 sweatshirts.  I am developing a jacket sewing kit idea and need some blanks for experimenting.


I spied these fun jeans while combing the racks with Gene for work pants.  They are so wonderful with all the textures.  I anticipate sewing a long duster styled coat for myself from the legs.
I've been pinning 'patched clothes' to my Pinterest boards.  I've got the itch!





This custom embroidered jacket leaped into my basket.  It was an absolute steal at $5.75.  I'll be thinking long and hard about what to do with the skull.



My great helper! 
He was thrilled to find a few pairs of Dickies work jeans for a couple of bucks.

***

Delicate Skull
Embroidered 2017
Private Collection
Houston TX

2 comments:

  1. Fun stuff! You sure do have a good eye for the treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great that even in Houston you can find sweatshirts at the thrift store. Those are great pants for your duster jacket, too. I found myself wondering how often Gene had been thrifting before you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!