Tuesday, February 27, 2018

2018 Preschool Wall Hanging


The Baby Room's Wall Hanging has paint stamped feet and hands on it.  Very sweet.  Thankfully, it's a small piece and I plan to have it bordered and quilted by noon today. 



Tomorrow I am delivering Mary's quilt to her.  She's renovating her home from Hurricane Harvey's devastation so it will be exciting to see the work that's been done so far.  It's going to be a long remodeling job but she has a good spirit about the project.

March, which is quickly approaching, will be dominated by commissioned work.  Today I am meeting a gentleman who is raising his nephew.  His sister died from Lupus and he's asked me to sew a quilt from her clothes for his comfort.  I met him at one of the art markets and he contacted me last week.

Gene insists the art markets are good publicity and networking opportunities even if I don't sell any real merchandise on the day of the show.  I'm still on the fence.  They truly are a serious amount of  work.  And, it's disheartening to go home empty handed with the eternal hope that someone will call who took a card.  But, I may feel differently when the weather changes.

I also picked up 3 t-shirt quilts from neighbors when I posted my services on the neighborhood website.  And, I have a friend's mother's vintage cross stitch piece to quilt. 

I'm planning to refill my etsy shop with items from last summer's art markets. I'd like to introduce some new items, including patchwork jacket kits.

Yep, March is going to be a stacked up kinda month!  Thank you Lord for your blessings!

***

Tropical Tree of Life
2010
Private Collection
Spring TX

now residing in its new home
I am thrilled! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!