Thursday, February 22, 2018

Boro Patch & Raw Edge Shawl: Progress






I'm down to the last section to stitch this shawl into reality.  While it was off the longarm, I tried it on as a shawl and it is too wide and too stiff.  Even though I used a thin batting, I may need to find a thinner one (if I plan to sew other scarves as shawls).  I thought about slicing it into 2 narrow shawls or scarves but I think I will sew it into a jacket instead.  Houston can be very cold indoors in the summer with the air conditioning blasting.  I often need a little jacket. 

I found this heavy cotton sundress at the thrift store I plan to turn into a nice gathered skirt.  Together I think they will be just perfect!  If not, I'm sure something else will show up.


***


One of the crosses from the huge collection at 
Memorial Drive United Methodist Church
Houston TX

1 comment:

  1. Do you think washing would soften it? I do love the polka dot bit - just a happy spot! I think it will make a great jacket, too, though, and look nice with that shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!