Monday, December 21, 2020

Thrifted Fashion Show: Big Bargains!

 It's no secret that I think I have the best thrift store in Houston a mile from my house.  The amount & selection of inventory it turns in a year is incredible.  I'm sure it's partly due to the prices.  During the week if a customer spends money, a discount is tallied for Sunday purchases.

Yesterday I had a discount that afforded a 50% discount on my purchases.  With the exception of one or two items, everything I bought was around $3.93.  When the discount is applied, that's roughly $1.97.  Ain't much you can buy in a regular retail store for $1.97! 

I'm a little giddy!  

I'm nurturing my desire to cook & bake which means I need some dishes, pans & possibly some appliances.  This week's purchases included a vegetable steamer for $3.93 (marked down from the original price of $6.56), 2 beautiful handmade large pottery plates from Mexico, a dip serving plate, and a small Revereware saucepan.  




And, because I can, I shopped the clothes racks too.  Lately I am on the hunt for cashmere.  All sweaters are generally priced in the same range so when I spot a cashmere sweater, it's usually less than $5.  If you ever shop cashmere sweaters in regular retail stores, they are not $5.


I'm embracing purple now more than I have in my entire life.  So when I spotted this ruffled cashmere sweater I decided to give it a go.  It hand washed nicely & it's ready to wear.  I'm also embracing ruffles much to my mother's delight.  


This is a sweater/shawl/wrap.  The color is a bit off pink for me but the style is clever.  I can probably wear it any number of ways. It's a shawl that buttons into sleeves. 




And, of course, a purple cashmere scarf for pennies on the dollar.  


My other weakness is skirts.  I didn't hesitate at all when I saw this embellished lined denim skirt.  The trim has a little sparkle.  How perfect! 




Here the skirt is teamed with a few new to me accessories and a chambray shirt from Cindy's Poshmark closet. 



Hand crocheted shawl.  I can't resist these when I find them. 



More ruffles


Silver yarn with lots of sparkle

This is a pair of knit culottes.  So many ways to wear them!  I really am giddy over these.  I probably need to get a real life! 



I'll try to post pictures when I am wearing some of these new outfits.

Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬

5 comments:

  1. You know really know what to pick at your favorite thrift store. What great picks in combinations for you to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun... you found such great pieces! Lucky you getting to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well aren’t you having some fun! Good for you! Go gettem!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have found a lot of great buys lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent shopping, as usual. Great cashmere bargains, it’s such a treat when you find a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!