Thursday, December 10, 2020

Raw Edge Collages: New/Old Work

 Sometime last year I stitched a length of patchwork raw edge from gray tshirts.  My intent was to make a quilted jacket.  Frankly, it was pretty lackluster and I lost interest. 

Yesterday I decided to turn it into a variety of compositions I can use for some artwork.  This should make 4 good sized collages.  The 1st layer is the knit patchwork.  The 2nd layer is additional topstitched patchwork.  I may add a 3rd layer of handwork with some embellishments. 

It's hard to photograph while it's still on the longarm but I think you can see the essence of what I have stitched.  I was trying to vary the colors for each collage. 

I anticipate stretching these on canvas so they are ready to hang. 




This one is my favorite.

Join the Conversation!

💬💬💬

6 comments:

  1. Sew very creative.... Love your process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bits and pieces. I can't throw any of it away!

      Delete
  2. I bet it feels good to be “arting” again. I love your raw-edge piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always liked your patch work. You have such great talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!