Monday, December 14, 2020

Cooking: New Recipes & Ideas

 I've been trying some new vegetable recipes lately.  Pinterest is a gold mine for information and suggestions.  So far all the ones I have tried have been easy and tasty! 


This Broccoli Cheese Soup paired with cornbread was really delicious!  
The recipe is from MamaLovesFood.  I did not use all the Half & Half and it was still creamy enough.  I used packaged broccoli florets & julienne carrots to save some time.  For the cheeses I used extra sharp cheddar, monterey jack & velveeta (about 2 cups each)


These sweet potato slices were heavenly!  Very easy with great results.  Here they are ready for the oven.  They came out with a nice edge and super soft.
The recipe is Garlic Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes from Eatwell101.com



Sunday morning breakfast featured fried eggs, kale vegetable stirfry (I just made it up with some Italian Seasonings) and crispy baked onion rings.  What a scrumptious meal! 

The plate is one of 4 I got at the thrift store by Raymond Waites.  Raymond Waites anything is expensive so of course I snatched them up.  They are a little big for my usual meal but just right for this one!  The eggs cover a huge orange flower.

Any new recipes in your kitchen lately?
Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬


3 comments:

  1. New recipes? Nah, I just cycle through the same ones. I do have about 80 in my repertoire, though. Tonight is chicken tortilla soup. I agree with you about Pinterest, it’s a treasure trove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everything certainly looks delicious! All my plates are just plain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!