Friday, October 9, 2020

Current Crazy Quilt: 1st Row with 3 Blocks

 I decided to stitch the 1st row with 3 of the 9 blocks partially together.  The 1st 2 blocks are sewn together and the 3rd one is laying next to them.  

The 1st block was much bigger than the 2 other blocks so I ended up adding to them instead of cutting off the 1st block.  I alternated between lower edge on one and upper edge on the other one.  I'll be able to fill & cover those pieces so that should work out fine.  Famous Last Words.  

Before I begin the next row I'm going to check the blocks more carefully. At least this format is very forgiving! 

Once I get the area between the 1st 2 blocks embroidered and embellished, I'll sew the 3rd block to the others.  My work table is only so big.


I wish this picture was as bright as the quilt.  I've already put everything away or I'd retake it.   I seriously love what's happening here!  Hope you are enjoying the ride too! 

Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬


4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so vibrant and cheerful! I love seeing them together. My intention is to make a blog post with my first 3 blocks too: maybe tomorrow I’ll sit down an do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost finished with the section between the 1st 2 blocks. It's come together surprisingly well. I think having the 2 blocks as guides for the intersection made it easier. And yoyos, let's not forget their value!

      Delete
  2. Love your style. So unique, so you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!