Friday, October 18, 2019

Will Children Like the Quilts?


I've been wondering if children will like these rayon quilts with their cacophony of patterns and colors.  I don't have children in my life and the things I see in stores for children are "very cute".
One of my very honest friends came to my studio yesterday.  I had just taken the latest rayon quilt off the longarm.  It was a good time to ask her opinion about the quilts.  I can depend upon her to tell it as she sees it.


I asked her, “What do you think? Will a child like a quilt like this? It’s not very childish.”
She replied, "Yes, a child would."  Her reasoning is that it will belong exclusively to that child.  It's cozy, soft and colorful.  I think she may be right. 


What do you think?
Please Join the Conversation! 💬💬💬



So many clothes saved from the landfill!  It's personally exciting to sew these clothes into quilts.
I told my friend I felt like I was cheating because I took apart one of those big flouncy tiered skirts.  I had long wide strips for miles!   This quilt looks like a long walk through a forest.


I plan to have them well photographed before they are given to the children.  I'd like to see my quilt series published. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, for many reasons. One is that most children get tired of cutesy long before their parents and grandparents quit buying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend jokingly said, "After 10 most kids think they are adults anyway. So, I'm sure they will like the quilts."
      Basically what you are saying too! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!