Friday, October 25, 2019

Upcycled Cloth Collective

Debra Dixon Design is a proud member of Upcycled Cloth Collective. As a seamstress and quilt maker, I personally strive to use as much reclaimed and thrifted clothes in my artwork as possible.
Together we can all make a difference fabrics have on our precious planet. Take a strong look at the clothes you purchase and wear. How do they impact the environment and the labor of those who sew them?
#thegratefulthreadsproject will strive to use 75%+ reclaimed, thrifted and/or gifted/vintage fabrics & clothes in the construction of our quilts.

Image may contain: text

For more information and to Join the Conversation, check out the Facebook Group: Upcycled Cloth Collective. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the whole upcycled/recycled thing (clothes and possessions in general) is awesome. My wardrobe is half of what it was just 5-10 years ago. We thrift and repair, reuse, recycle, compost, etc. I make my own grocery and produce bags. If I use plastic, it gets re-used again and again (I still have and use a plastic bag from my college bookstore that is from 1972). We’re downsizing our possessions and trying to find useful homes for everything to avoid adding to the landfill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all over the idea! And with my budget I can't afford to buy fabric off the bolt.

      How would you feel if I cut the linens you gave me for the upcoming Grateful Threads Project --twin sized quilts? I have stacks of florals I want to use and they would be good with the florals in some improv style quilts.

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!