Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Those 3 Panels . . . Yea, no.

Reality set in yesterday when I realized I didn't have unlimited energy to work on a project I didn't particularly like very much.  As I was going to bed I asked myself why I thought I wanted to work on the 3 panels when I had a huge crazy quilt that could use my attention and I liked it!  So, that put a quick stop to all the messing around with the 3 panels. Well, and the commission that is waiting too.  I decided to finish it as a couch throw and give it to an organization as a fundraiser for their upcoming silent auction. 

After work today I pawed through the box of samples again and found some full lengths I could use for the panels.  A few hours later I had this dreadful piece.  I would like to say the lighting where it is hanging is the problem.  It very well could be but it really is muddy looking.  It is also bulky & possibly a little stiff.  Nothing about it says "cozy quilt".   It's probably better suited to be patchwork upholstery than a quilt.  Which speaks to the original purpose of the fabric.  Lesson learned.  Not all pigs' ears want to be silk purses.

I'm ready to let the boxes of upholstery/drapery samples go.  My friend is coming over to look at them (for upholstery) and what she doesn't want will go somewhere else.  (I am keeping the bright pieces from the video.  They are not stiff and ugly.)

So what do you think?  I don't want another UFO hanging around . . . . .







I may be reacting a bit harshly to this piece.  It doesn't ring any bells for me.  
It was just more fun than I could handle. 

Please Join the Conversation!  💬💬

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 
  

4 comments:

  1. Um, I’d say let the muddies go. However, using patchwork upholstery and/or collaged home dec fabrics to upcycle an old chair (or screen) could be super trendy. Just not your focus. Going back to my corner now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very trendy! I do have some upholstery experience & I've been eyeing some pieces as examples to showcase my raw edge work at the art markets. I recently picked up a footstool to test the waters and my enthusiasm for the idea.

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!