Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Available Backing Fabrics

These fabrics were given to me and I'd like to use them for quilt backings, if possible.  



This is a '90s fabric so that should give you an idea of the blue.  Last night it was a stiff chintz with a heavy shine.  After I washed it, it's now soft and usable.  It looks like blue denim here but it's really a mid-tone bright blue with yellow and green squares.  I still like it but my fabric tastes are all over the place.  😉😉

It's 50" wide and I have 6 ½ yards.  I think it's perfect for masculine quilts.

I really like this plane striped fabric.  The planes have nice rich colors so I think this could work well with lots of scrap combinations.

The stripe combination is a dark tan/gold with a light tan stripe.  Planes are dark country blue, blue green, country red

It's 54" wide and I have about 7 - 8 yards.  It's still on the bolt so I am counting the folds for the estimate. 








If you have scraps/destashing fabrics that would work with these fabrics, it would be Super!  If not, I'm good with whatever quilt tops you send me.  
These are for the Angel Tree quilts.  If you want to sew them larger than 45 x 60, that's good too.  I'm sure there are junior high or high school boys in the Angel Tree program.  

Please Join the Conversation!  💬💬
  It's all good! 

Have a Creative Day, Y'All!

*****
On a very significant note, my quilting friend Barbara has resurrected her blog!!  Yea, stop by and see what kind of magic scrappiness she has sewn today!
 
Her blog is Thinking Out Loud and the link is here.



1 comment:

  1. Okay, when I go in there in a week or so, I'll see what I might have that would work with one of those. Thanks for the heads up. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!