Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Improv TShirt Quilt Progress





This is a great clothing recycling/reclamation quilt project.  When I have commissioned tshirt quilts to sew the recipient rarely wants the scraps.  Usually the backs and sleeves are leftover which have a very large amount of fabric in them.   I've been thinking about sewing some generic tshirt quilts to try out the idea of large blocks and minimal quilting.  When I saw the tattered condition of Brent's tshirt quilt sewn in the early 1990s, I decided his would be the first experimental quilt.  I'm sewing the 90" wide strips by domestic machine then assembling and quilting on the longarm.  So far I like the results!

Have a Creative Day Y'All! 

1 comment:

  1. Such teasers! It looks good from these, and I'm sure it is wonderful. That boy should definitely be grateful to his mom. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!