Wednesday, August 8, 2018

New Improv Work & Out and About Houston

It's been an interesting few days.  A huge power outage in the neighborhood Saturday night fried my modem.  I've been without internet & limited phone usage 3 days.  It's been a blessing in disguise because I have to get organized for the upcoming fall markets.  Besides new work, I'm going to concentrate on some UFOs that have been lingering; waiting for their 15 Minutes of Fame. 

This is currently on the longarm.  It's raw edge patches machine quilted with straight lines; my favorite way to work.  When finished it will be the size of a queen flat sheet.  I'll cut it into various products, such as pillows, table runners or small wall hangings.  I'm working with medium muted tones.  I guess I'm just feeling mellow.  :-)  Lots of reclaimed clothes are being quilted into this big piece.



The weekend activities included Houston's White Linen Nights which is an annual art show stroll with everyone wearing white clothes.  The stroll part is now a crowded stream of people but it's fun even if it is crowded.  Dinner was at the Mellow Mushroom which has great pizza and art. Click on this link to see some of the art in their restaurants.  Below are a few pieces I enjoyed seeing in the Houston Heights collection. 




Bob Marley quilt at the entrance



And yes, horses do sniff cactus; as clearly shown in this little vignette I happened upon at the thrift store recently.  :-)


Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

2 comments:

  1. I love your dynamic patchwork, and that Bob Marley quilt is joyful. I'm going to put you on my knitted produce bag list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looks so chic and adorable, Debra, very elegant and big city sophisticated. The patchwork you are doing is going to make some great pieces. Sometimes we need someone to unplug us, because we don't get there on our own! What wonderful art at this affair. Houston sounds like a great place to enjoy art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!