Saturday, July 21, 2018

Thrifting Finds

Last night was preview and paid entry night at the neighborhood's catholic church annual garage sale.  In all the years I have lived here, I've never gone.  Well, that has come to a screeching halt!  what a crazy madhouse.  My best description would be locusts descending upon a big field.  I'll go back after lunch for the "fill a box" price.  I'll be looking for clothes I can repurpose into artwork.  

It's no secret I like kitsch. When I spotted this vintage handmade table topper, I popped it right into my basket. It was a little dingy but after soaking overnight in dish detergent, it sparkles. 
It's designed from small plastic beads. Measures 16 x 17 inches. The color scheme suggests the '60s. What do you think? 



Another gem that came home with me is this vintage wool coat.  I had thoughts of reselling it but once I slipped it on, I began to think how nice it would feel on a cold day in Houston.  You know, that one day sometime in December.


This coat is so lovely and so well maintained.  


I always get a chuckle when I see this kind of tag on a clothing item at a garage sale or thrift store.  It means it came from Goodwill.  So this blouse was originally purchased at Kohl's (it's Apt.9 brand), donated to Goodwill, purchased from Goodwill by someone else, donated to the church garage sale and purchased by me.  It looked brand new when I picked it off the rack and I didn't notice the tag until I got it home.  I won't be donating.  You're safe now Blouse!  :-)


I'm on the prowl for some new big fun jewelry.  I think this piece fits the bill.  It's dark navy blue bordering on purple.  Yum! 

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the blouse, and the story. The coat looks so elegant and warm! The table topper definitely fits kitsch, and I agree that it could be 60s vintage, but it's also cute and useful. And the jewelry looks great with the blouse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!