Saturday, June 16, 2018

Reconstructed Dress: no. 3

This patchwork dress took a few turns before it was finished. The 1st skirt was nixed when I decided I didn't want to cut off a long skirt into a short skirt.  I think that fabric may have another purpose that has not presented itself to me yet so I didn't want to waste it.

The 2nd skirt came out so lovely that I decided to finish it as a standalone skirt.  I'll post it very soon.

This 3rd skirt makes me happy.  I've had the shirts I used for the skirt about 20 years.  What I used here is the tail end of them.  So it's nice to have something I have loved in my fabric boxes for so many years now sewn into a dress I can wear and love.  The whole dress used 1 woman's blouse and 3 partial men's shirts. I tried to let the manufactured parts do the bulk of the sewing work for me.

I love this style!  I can see so many variations on the theme here.  I'll be sewing for a long time!  This is the 1st prototype for my upcoming Poshmark store.

© Debra L Dixon, 2018

© Debra L Dixon, 2018

© Debra L Dixon, 2018

© Debra L Dixon, 2018

© Debra L Dixon, 2018

© Debra L Dixon, 2018

© Debra L Dixon, 2018

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

4 comments:

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!