Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Mission Stitchers Projects: Flannel Quilts

Tomorrow is the Mission Stitchers meeting.  I've been quilting their baby quilts for a few years and then I let it slip that I could manage a Facebook page if there was any interest.  Well, of course!  So I met with the inventory gal, Christine, and we started looking through the baby items left over from last year's Hearts and Hands Market. 

The Mission Stitchers is a casual group of ladies who stitch on all kinds of projects for the annual market.  The money raised is given as grants to local service organizations whose primary clients are women and children.  The group is well known in the church so whenever someone is cleaning out their supplies a lot of it is given to the Mission Stitchers.  As you can imagine there's a ton of fabric that spans the years.  Some of it eventually is used and some is passed along to other agencies.

I was one of those people.  I have a friend who gifted me with a few large bags of juvenile flannel.  I don't typically work with novelty flannel and I knew the Mission Stitchers would use it.  It's current fabric so when I was peeking through boxes I realized I would need to stir the pot and get this fabric sewn for the upcoming market.

Last week Donna and I sorted through prints and bundled them for quilts.  A few gals agreed to be cutters and sewers (and one even volunteered to be an ironer).  Some of the volunteers don't really know too much about quilting.  Soooo, I'll be doing some on the spot teaching.  There were some fabric panels that will be quick turnaround quilts we can start tomorrow.  I'll cut them today so they will be ready for a team to sew tomorrow.  Then, I can get another team cutting some other prints.





But first, I plan to turn this shirt into a dress!  Another shift is about to be sewn.  They are so comfortable and casual & great for the Mission Stitchers meetings.  Have we discussed how much I love pink?  


Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing the new dress AND what the mission stitchers accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting them. You can count on that! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!