Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Kappa Kappa Gamma Tshirt Quilt




One of my neighbors decided her first sewing project would be a large tshirt quilt for her sister.  She told me she didn't want to start with a pillow.  Nah, just jump right in on a quilt!  So when she got overwhelmed and fraught with frustration, her husband contacted me for help.  Luckily, she wasn't too far off the tshirt path & I was able to use a nice sharp seam ripper and make it all right again.  :-)

Working on tshirt quilts usually makes me feel nostalgic.  Here's a picture published the 1st week of school at the University of Oklahoma, 1973.  It was quite a sight to see a crate outside the dorms.  Most people showed up with a few cardboard boxes.


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo of you! It's easy to see what a beauty you are (and still are today!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, but now I'm wondering how DID you get all that upstairs? And did it fit? We were so much older then. We're younger than that now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the newspaper clipping! You haven’t changed a bit, and I bet you made the dress you were wearing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!