Friday, January 26, 2018

Vintage Cross Stitch Quilt

A friend from my dog rescue days called me to ask if I could finish her husband's grandmother's quilt so they could display it on a bed.  As luck would have it, the grandmother had not hand quilted the border.  I was able to cut the quilt off at the last cross stitch border and use the 3" side fabric for the binding fabric. It came out splendidly and the quilt is still large enough for a queen sized bed.

My friend didn't have a date for the quilt.  My estimate is 1970s.  What do you think?




***

The fact that I remember this style of quilt and have one in my family reminded me of this fun poster from Pinterest! 


***

Patchwork for Paws Fundraising
2013
Montgomery TX
©Debra L. Dixon 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!