Monday, January 1, 2018

Improv Quilts 2018, no. 1

A few days ago I found some scrap bits I had sewn together some time in the past.  I cleared what was on my studio table into the pile of scraps and came up with some long improv sections.

This is a great style for scrap busting and the size (43 x 58) works well for kids or lap quilts for adults.  Once I sew the scraps into a length, I can compose and sew the rest on the longarm.  The batting is a thrifted fleece blanket.  I'll be giving this quilt away.  I hope to have many more to give during 2018.




1 comment:

  1. I’d be interested to know how you sew the strips together on the long arm. I’ve been enjoying your photos of the improv quilts and your thoughtful writing about them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!