Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Wearing a Few Different Hats Lately!

I belong to PEO, an international service organization empowering women through educational opportunities.  We own Cottey College in Missouri and we offer scholarships for advanced degrees to qualified candidates. 

It's time to organize one of our yearly fundraisers and I've been pedal to the metal to help get the background work finished.  We are selling bean soup jars and baskets.  Lots of assembly to be done!

I am new to the group so it's been fun to get to know the other members.  It turns out our President is a Physics professor at a local junior college.  She also is a huge thrifter!  She has a route on her way home from school that includes 7 thrift stores.  😀😀  She's been collecting baskets for us all year long.



One of my dear Oklahoma friends & her husband were in town and we had dinner together last night.  While her husband rested (he has cancer), she hit the local Goodwill and bought a bunch of baskets!  She's also in PEO and loved the idea of supporting another chapter's philanthropic goals. 


I celebrated this baby's 36th birthday this weekend.  Gracious!



Got this Baby street legal!  
Now I can enjoy it more.  
Turns out the tire that kept going flat had a screw lodged in it.  It didn't need to be replaced.  Phew! 


So proud my grass roots movement to give a quilt to a child through Angel Tree (and MDUMC's mission program) this Christmas has reached into a wonderful community of quilters!  I have 41 quilts finished and about 20 waiting to be finish.  Maybe about 15 more promised.  I'm hoping to add 3 to the finished pile today! 

It's truly amazing what a community can do to heal wounds.  I'm so happy to be connected.



Have a Creative Day, Y'All!  

Please Join the Conversation! 
💬💬💬



3 comments:

  1. Wow, a lot of excitement going on in your life! I’m so glad your Angel Tree quilt project is gaining momentum. And the bean baskets are a stroke of genius! Congrats on all fronts! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on all fronts! What a beautiful sight are those piles of finished quilts ready to be gifted! Your concentrated efforts are coming to fruition. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of wonderful quiltiness and good works here. The basket looks great. Mine will be back to you before I go on my October vacation. I'm sorry it's taken so long. Lots of things piled up on my life, but I'm working to get back up to speed. Thanks for the chance to help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!