Monday, September 30, 2019

1st Twin Quilt Houston Furniture Bank

Lots going on and instead of a report, how about looking at my 1st quilt for the Houston Furniture Bank? In 2020 I will be organizing sewers to help me give them twin quilts for their initiative No Kids on the Floor.  They give a twin bed to families (who qualify) so children aren't sleeping on a floor.

My goal is to downsize my fabrics; nothing new in (unless it is a donation).  I won't even be buying thrifted clothes to use (well, maybe).  I really am looking forward to sewing with abandon without any preconceived plans or strict rules.  My philosophy will be all fabrics go together; honoring the Mighty Scrap Quilt!  Pulling the vintage fabrics first.  Lots of them in this quilt but they seem to work well. 












4 comments:

  1. I love it when you make these, of course I love scrappy. It all works like a huge rainbow of warmth and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super scrappy goodness in that wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job incorporating so many fun fabrics! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful eclectic collection of fabrics, and they all work together! Working on the trucks. It won't be twin, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!