Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Improvisational TShirt Quilts

Commissions were finished in time for the holiday and I have a little breathing room before I start on the new ones for January.  I'm going to use this week for my own personal quilting and to experiment with some ideas rolling around in my head.

I have a huge collection of tshirts; some are my own and some have been purchased.  With all the tshirt quilts sewn lately, I decided maybe I wanted one too.  Once I pulled favorite colors & cut big pieces, construction was a breeze.  I like the improvisational nature of my quilts lately.  Putting all the colors together is very liberating. 





I still had plenty of cut pieces leftover when I finished sewing this queen sized top.  I rather like the idea of piecing something else and just adding a new color tshirt or two into the new quilt top.  I'm contemplating the whole thought of just keeping the tshirt quilt production moving along from this one big quilt.  I have a few hefty boxes of knits from which I can pull plenty of good shirts.  All the leftover bits will be funneled into the raw edge work which I expect to dominate 2019.


This top is currently 45 x 60 which is a nice size itself.  I could enlarge it to a twin size.  I'll see how motivated I am!

I've been looking at some new ideas for machine quilting.  It's been awhile since I experimented with anything new.  These smaller pieces would be good canvases for experimenting; although tshirt knits are not the best candidates.

Have a Creative Day Y'All! 
Not too many more days of 2018 left

1 comment:

  1. Some of your ideas for quilting are bound to work on the t-shirt quilts, too. These are bright and happy quilts. What fun you are having. Good for you! I hope you had a lovely Christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!