Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Starting a Conversation: Clothes Connection

I was looking through some piles and realized  I had totally forgotten about this dress.  It was actually buried in a pile; one of many piles in my studio currently.  To say I have a lot on my mind is an understatement.  I had lunch with the website developer & decided to wear it.  

I accessorized it with a multi-bead necklace I strung many years ago, my new Day of the Dead skull earrings and I pulled my hair up and added fabric flowers around the ponytail.  I also wore it as a long tunic over a straight denim skirt with my Converse tennis shoes.  I felt very festive!  

As we were sitting down one of the restaurant attendants came over and told me how much she loved my whole outfit.  Aww, that was so sweet.  It's a wonderful gesture to compliment someone.  I don't think we do it enough.   If my clothes can start a conversation with someone, that's wonderful.  I believe any time we can genuinely and authentically connect with someone both of our worlds are enriched. 

 


Here I am later in the evening after my Stephen Ministry meeting.  

Have a Creative Day, Y'All!
Compliment Someone Today!  

2 comments:

  1. Debra, you rock the look! I could never pull it off because I have VERY short legs. 28" inseam, IIRC. Even petites have to be hemmed. Good thing capris are in style, those hit me right at the ankle! LOL! (not)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really nice - who doesn't feel better for a compliment? Thanks for the picture of the whole outfit, it does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!