Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Mother's Day Quilt 3rd Panel Finished



Last night I met with my client and his husband to pick out the backing fabric and buy the batting.  While my client was paying I started talking with his husband.  He told me he would like to eventually have a quilt sewn for his nephew and niece.  His 21 year old sister was leaving an abusive relationship.  On moving day the abuser came into the home and shot her dead - 5 times.  She was able to protect her 6 month old baby but died in the process.  He said the family is raising her children. 
You don't know the burdens people carry.  It's amazing some days to listen to people's stories.  Both men have lost sisters.  So heavy on my heart.  So heavy.  Lord, wrap your arms around these families as they heal. 

Last night was also the last night of my formal lessons for the Stephen Ministry.  Next will come commissioning.  I am humbled with the journey I have taken to this point.  It's been full of growth for me too.  I pray God will continue to guide me in this ministry. 

3 comments:

  1. How heartbreaking, Debra! I can't even imagine someone doing such a thing, or how the family would cope with it. Thank goodness for the survival of the baby, but oh how sad to grow up without a mother, and to know that she died protecting you. What immense love mothers give. The quilt you are working on is absolute wonderful. I like it more each time you show the progress.

    Your Stephen ministry is something that seems so right for what I know of you. I know you will fulfill this calling with great love and devotion to Christ. You are walking in his footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your memory quilts are a healing ministry in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Rian, your Quilts arve a healing ministry in themselves. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!