Monday, April 16, 2018

On Loss & Stability

Yesterday's sermon, called Those Who Mourn, is part of a series of Living the Beatitudes we are currently studying.  In the sermon Dr. Robbins, our lead minister, talked about the pain of loss, the burden of grief.  Many of us have experienced much grief in our lives and we've worked through it in a multitude of ways.  We were reminded of the comfort offered through Christ.  The sermon linked  well with the last few lessons I've been studying for the Stephen Ministry. 

After church one of Gene and my favorite activities is to drive to the Egg & I restaurant on Memorial Drive and eat brunch.  We know the staff and we enjoy dining outside when the weather is pleasant.  Per our usual we drove there yesterday.  The restaurant was closed and empty.  I was confused and sad.  A feeling of grief rolled into my heart.  It was the end of our pleasurable eating & the end of seeing the people we enjoyed there.  In an unstable world it's nice to have some reliable stability.  That is now gone and without a word of warning.

We ended up at IHOP, not my favorite but a good substitute.  Then we spent the afternoon sourcing clothes for my Poshmark store.  This week I'll be typing my fingers to the bone listing new items.


My friend, Barbara, knit my shawl.  It's a favorite of mine.



This easily represents a week's worth of work. 


Gene is trying to enlarge the men's department.  Some nice shirts and swim trunks! 




2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'll have to check ours to see if it closed, too. No, it says it's still there. I'll try to remember to call tomorrow and check. I like the IHOP menu. Looks like you two are staying busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look so cute. Just remember, when one door closes another one opens.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!