Thursday, June 30, 2022

Adventures in Salado TX : Deer & Magnolia Pearl clothes

I recently took a short trip to visit a girlfriend in Salado TX.  It's a small town north of Austin in the Hill Country region of TX.  My friend has a gazillion deer on her property; probably because she feeds them twice a day.  They are the best trained deer in TX.  If she doesn't have chow around mealtime, they'll come nosing around the patio or even come into the open garage!  I definitely enjoyed seeing them! 






One of the days I was there we took a stroll through the local shops.  One shop had a large selection of Magnolia Pearl clothes.  Magnolia Pearl is a Fredericksburg TX company known for their raw edge look.  I was immediately intrigued because this is the 1st time I've seen the clothes in a store. 


This lightweight coat really caught my eye.  All the diamonds are machine appliqued to a muslin base.  The edges are left raw and are already a bit shaggy.  Truly a serious amount of work--I believe the clothes are now sewn in India. 






Yep, I loved this one!  (below)





.



The bead shop had a few treasures I can use on my current Crazy Quilt.  I had to buy the deer charm!  


A fun trip!  

Join the Conversation!  Are you going anywhere this summer? 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow....that appliqued Lone star coat.....now there's a new idea to even make a quilt piece, right? Just let the ragged edges happen! But the price....yikes, just head to your own sewing machine! One more thought: I hope your friend is cognizant of the danger of deer ticks which carry Lyme's Disease which can be a serious illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful clothing - - - but the prices - ouch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!