Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Welcome 2022!

 Welcome 2022!

I'm feeling very optimistic about the new year; especially after all the changes in 2021: the pipes breaking in my house & subsequent renovation, new man in my life, studio in total chaos & the departure of my normal routine for who knows what destination.  I learned a lot about myself and my desires.  It's absolutely imperative to stay true to oneself.  Or Tacos. 


Hawkins called and we skipped town for an overnight RV camping trip to Galveston Island which is about 1½ hours from Houston.  He's been working on the camper renovation and it's coming along so well.  Every trip tells us what we missed.  This impromptu trip topped the list at 15 items.  Hey! 

We certainly didn't miss the sunset by the firepit! 



The sunrise didn't disappoint.  Such a powerful reminder to be grateful for the beautiful life I have been given each and every day.  



I love spending time with this wonderful man.  It was so cold he was willing to wear my knitted neck cowl on his head!  That just makes me happy!  


Join the Conversation!


7 comments:

  1. It’s good to see you blogging again! I know it’s not the most popular social media platform, but it is still (IMHO) a great way to connect. Glad you’ve had so many positive changes in your life. here’s to a happy and healthy 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! Good to see you again and glad to be back to blogging. We all know I have lots to say! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love that sunrise. I went there with a friend once just to see the sunrise. I'm so glad you have found a good man to hang with and do fun things with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! We were so astonished at the beauty of the sunrise. We watched it from the very beginning until it was a full sun. This was the most spectacular moment.
      Yes, crazy about Hawkins!

      Delete
  3. What an incredible sunrise! It's so affirming to hear of your happiness and excitement for life and the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of your trip! I’m happy you have someone to accompany you on life’s adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!