Thursday, August 15, 2019

Fabric In & Fabric Out

I'm still assessing my fabric stash.  I decided instead of spending the effort and energy to dye those fabrics I would pass some along to another stitching group and sew what is left.  There is probably only a few quilts in the piles.

At my sewing group today I talked with a few friends who sew in another group making totebags and comfort pillows for the hospital district.  They can use the drapery weight cottons I am eager to move out of my stash.


I was at a meeting Tuesday night and one of my friends gave me a shopping bag another friend gave her who had asked if she knew anyone who sewed.  I came to mind immediately.   So another pile of quilting cottons.  There are some nice prints and more of what I am trying to use of my own stash.  It's all good for the twin quilts for the Houston Furniture Bank. 




Everything is going to work out well.  I like that! 

It's been really hot here in Houston!  I received an energy alert from the utility company this afternoon to conserve energy from 2-7 pm.  I took the initiative and turned my air conditioning off & have been using a large fan.  So far it's been OK.  I usually turn off my air conditioner at night & just sleep  under my ceiling fan.  I hope you are enjoying the summer & not sweating to death! 


Join the conversation!  💬💬
I enjoy your comments. 

Have a Creative Day, Y'All!

1 comment:

  1. I'm fortunate to live in a smaller city and in TVA country, I think. It's been hot, but I've stayed comfortable. I normally keep it on 77-78, unless the humidity is above 75%, and I try to then, too. In Arizona, I could stay at 82, but not here! I hope things cool off in south Texas soon! It looks like you've found good homes for the fabrics that aren't quilt-worthy, and more of what you need is taking its place.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!