Friday, February 22, 2019

New Series: Improvisational TShirt Quilts

Here's a little peek at some recent activity in my studio.  My current work is like a tumbleweed that keeps on moving across ground.  One piece from a previous quilt becomes the basis of the next quilt.  These are tshirt knits and a little scrap of double knit.  All reclaimed from clothes.



The starting point; jumping off point!



Lots of smaller pieces to be worked into focal blocks or strips.


 These knit tops will be used for larger blocks of interest and impact. 


I anticipate the main composition sitting on a background of grey and beige neutrals.

I like to keep my Improvisational quilts free and spontaneous.  I have a few general guidelines or ideas I want to try but then, I get out of my own way and go with the composition intuitively. 

Have a Creative Day, Y'All! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a person of lines and angles most of the time, so I really like the picture at the top. It has such lovely lines, and the colors flow into one another so well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!