Saturday, February 2, 2019

Madonna Wall Hanging

Those who have known me a long time know I have a love for the Virgin Mary.  I've explored a lot of ideas to interpret Her in cloth.  Along with my friend Barbara we formed The Madonna Idea, a blog devoted to our various projects.  It looks like the last entry was in 2010 but I know there have been a few more sewn past that time.
In 2014 I started some small Madonna wall hangings. When I closed my old studio and moved into my current studio they were packed away.  When I recently unpacked them during my studio organization, I decided it was time to finish them.  They will be offered for sale at the upcoming art markets.

The 1st one is this lovely Madonna piece. I pulled this image off the previous background and put it on a new patchwork background.  This background is a reclaimed pillow sham.  I like to buy these pieces at the thrift store because they finish nicely into table runners or table toppers.  This one will be a good background for the wall hanging.  I would never take the time to piece a Trip Around the World patchwork piece but I am eager to use this piece!

Image may contain: 1 person

I guarantee this has possibilities!  It looks a little shabby here.  Give me time.  
I'll show the progress here.  So stop by again!

Have a Creative Day Y'All! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, The Madonna Idea...what a blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger ate my comment again! She looks great against that sham. I know the next stop from IG, but I look forward to seeing it all on here in a decent size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!