Saturday, September 29, 2018

Patchwork UFO into an Apron

Once people find out I sew, they come out of the woodwork offering me bags of fabric.  In two recent bags were some fun pieces.  I decided to challenge myself to sew an apron from some of the fabrics.

The skirt of this apron was a good sized patchwork piece someone had sewn together.  It asked to be an apron & I thought that was a splendid idea.  Because of all the seams I lined it with a piece of blue gingham.  I had a long strip from a sheet that worked well for the ruffle.  The waistband is more patched fabric and a pretty plisse belt finishes off the apron.

Quite a nice little repurpose idea!  I may go through some of my own UFOs and see if any want to be aprons.  







Have a Creative Day, Y'All!
Tie Your Apron On! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that little square of old town right in front! So festive in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one kinda happened! I just started and let it evolve!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!