Thursday, April 19, 2018

Whole Lotta Paperwork Goin' On

Many of my Poshmark listings were making me cringe so I decided to start redoing them.  It's been a very long 2 days and I am not finished.  Who says you never use that math you learn in school?


Yesterday I woke up with a migraine.  About an hour later I was in the bathroom throwing up.  That's generally how I know it's a migraine and not just a headache.  I'm not sure what brought it on but I feel a bit better today except for the scratchy throat.  :-)

Tomorrow I am headed to a 3 day retreat for my Stephen Ministry training.  We've been told it will be sunup to sundown working on lessons.  I've learned a lot from the role playing exercises we do in weekly meetings.  I am almost over the "are you kidding me?  You did that?" reaction and into the "how did that make you feel when you made that decision?" reaction.  I've been warned my facial expressions may need to be curbed too.  Really, you think? :-)

One of the items we are to bring to the Retreat is a symbol of our ministry.  My friend brought me this coaster last weekend.  It's perfect in all ways!  After 35 years of friendship I'd say she knows me well!


And my weedy backyard produced some beautiful lilies this week.  I'd call that a Christmas Miracle for sure.  I'm also very encouraged to see a whole new crown of fronds on several of my sago palms.  I've worried for a nanosecond they may not have survived the winter freeze.



Catch You on the Way Back! 

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you well on your Stephen Ministry retreat, Debra. Hope that migraine is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the retreat. I have Lutheran friend who did this combined with hospital visits for years, and its such a worthwhile expenditure of your time. Definitely being the hands of the Savior. Best of luck with that paperwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your migraine. Think back to what you ate the day before. I have learned that wheat is my trigger. No wheat, no migraine. Wishing you a spirit-filled retreat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!