Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Reclaimed Pillow Sham Projects

I see pillow shams in the thrift store all the time.  They are actually a pretty good source of fabric and sometimes they are halfway decently designed.  I generally pick up the patchwork ones and turn them into table toppers.  It's a quick and easy project.  I've sold them at the art markets and they bring in a little change. 

The chinese import ones usually have muslin on the back so I add a new backing and binding.  They are good for warm-ups on the longarm when I have been doing a lot of straight line quilting.  



No big digs on the quilting but so what?  This is my favorite of the two I've kept. 



I did this one as a warm up before quilting the vintage piece.  I think I'll keep it! 




This pillow sham was already quilted nicely and it had the orange as a backing.  I took off the pillow sham backing and I can use it for the binding.  Now that's a Win-Win.


This pretty set of pillow shams is earmarked for a jacket. 



1 comment:

  1. You've been having a ball at the thrift stores! Those are all great looking projects, but I can hardly wait to see what you do with the jacket idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!