Saturday, December 16, 2017

Work in Progress: My Front Door

 Maybe sometime about 18 months ago my neighbor called and asked if I wanted a wooden door from one of his home improvement jobs.  It appeared that his client gave him the door & Dave didn't really want it either.  Being who I am, I said, "Sure!"  It sat in my garage awhile before I made the decision to replace my current crappy door with this nice wooden door.

Last weekend Gene and I sanded it.  This weekend we painted it.  Sometime after Christmas we'll hang it.  I'll use a nickel handle set for it.  I can hardly wait!




It was replaced by the original owner because of the sun damage to the wood.  


As leaded glass designs go, this is pretty nice.  


It responded very well to sanding. 


Great solid wood door


My wonderful guy! 


We used a paint sprayer so the paint had to be diluted to the appropriate consistency to work in the sprayer. 


While Gene mixed the paint I taped the window and sides.



The aqua paint color makes me swoon.  I love it! 


Painter in Action


I painted the details.  I seem to be the Detail Person on the projects.  I was the one that  hand sanded the grooves of the panels.  Funny how that works! 


It was nippy outside.

So much Joy! 

3 comments:

  1. Debra, what a gift for a little work! Beautiful door, beautiful you and Gene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great, Debra and Gene. Fabulous project - can't wait to see it on your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I LOVE it! As a woman who is married to a man who can barely change a battery in the smoke alarm, I have a deep and abiding appreciation for someone who can do the kinds of things Gene does.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!