Thursday, December 14, 2017

Christmas Projects & Blanket Buddies

I seem to be working at a snail's pace on my own Christmas decorations.  In truth, I've been working my organization business quite a bit lately.  I'm learning to grab my time for personal projects when I can. 

One of the 3 Christmas embroideries I stitched a few years ago is starting to take shape.  I buttonholed Santa to the crazy patch background and stitched on some trims.  I have a variety of snowflakes to add; then, I'll attach him to a stretcher frame. 




One of the ministries of my church, Memorial Drive United Methodist Drive, that interests me is Blanket Buddies.  Each December we collect blankets for children in Houston.  The request is for twin sized blankets.  Last year I was caught unaware & the due date this year is sneaking up on me.  Today I am going to do my best to quilt a blanket for a child.

 All the sewing I do lately is commissioned work.  I have 2 commissions still due tentatively for Christmas,  One I can start Monday and one I am waiting for more information.  It will be fun to break out a little and sew something I just want to sew. 
My friend gifted me with yards and yards of flannel.  I saved out 2 pieces for backings and the rest I gave to the church sewing group.  They will be able to use it sooner than I can sew it.  It'll probably come back to me as backings when I quilt the group quilts!  It's all good!

***
Today is the 12th Day of Advent:  In Isaiah, the Prophet proclaims "The Prince of Peace" is coming!  The Prince is Jesus Christ who will bring peace to those who have a faithful relationship with him.  This spiritual peace is not the same as a worldly peace;  Christ's peace is secure and cannot be destroyed.

Prayer:  Give us your peace, O Christ, that we may always live secure in your love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!