Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Vogue Inspiration

Recently I was given a huge stack of Vogue magazines that spans about 10 years.  All are the 500-800 page Fall editions highlighting the latest fashions for the upcoming year.  Last night I sat down with one magazine from the stack.

I was immediately struck by the color compositions in some of the advertisements.  Professionals spend a great deal of money & effort to get our attention.  I think I can piggyback on the color stylists' ideas as quilt/collage art work inspiration.

Here are a few that looked possible.  Can you see the wonderful color schemes too?  :-)





What do you think?  


3 comments:

  1. Great idea!!
    How on earth are you keeping up a blog on top of everything else you do, Debra?
    Love it!!
    You are so inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra, it's great to see you blogging again! I update my blog about once a week. I don't get to Facebook all that often these days (seems like it's all baby/animal videos).
    Hope all is well with you. I'm about the same. Still making art quilts, one after the other. I miss you and our little art group--I grew a lot from that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!