Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sacred Sunday: Mother & Child


Beautiful Mother and Child
featured as the central image in my crazy quilt, My Mother, My Hope
It was chosen to hang in the 2013 Sacred Threads Show


Virgen de Fatima 

Maria C. Guzman
Oil on Canvas with Texture and Gold Leaf

Both of these pieces have a folk look that reminds me of quilting.





Virgen de Medjugorje

Maria C. Guzman
Oil on Canvas with Texture and Gold Leaf


Both pieces by artist Maria C. Guzman
are currently on display at Katy Contemporary Art Museum (Katy, TX) in the show, Spirituality Texas Style 

2 comments:

  1. I love the artwork you showed. Are you thinking of using any of it for more CQ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love your piece! Are you going to use these images in the CQJP project?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!