Monday, June 13, 2022

Bathroom Update: Vanity counter top installed

The long awaited hall bathroom update has started! The painting is finished and I made some decisions about decorations.  I'm focusing on a natural theme-birds 7 butterflies. 

Hawkins delivered the countertop yesterday.  It's gorgeous!  Texas longleaf pine.  He'd given me a small Mesquite shelf last year and he hung it too.  It's all really pretty impressive!  

I bought the same sink as in my master bathroom and it wasn't until yesterday that I discovered I also bought the same faucet but in a shiny finish.  I guess I like what I like! 





What a sweet man!  So over the moon about him!  
He just shaved his already short beard;  it'll be back. 

See the sheer shower curtain in the background.  I decided the shower probably won't be used so I sewed some premade panels together for the curtain.  15 minutes later I hung it.  The large grommets eliminate the need for shower curtain rings.  It's "faux linen"  (100% polyester).  Really?  I like the color & the sheerness of it so I bought the premade panels (not thrifted-at Home Goods).  


When we started on the caulking I just about had a cow!  Clearly we had different ideas of how it should be applied.  Luckily, it wipes off well with a wet cloth if you act quickly!  


I still need a new mirror and then I'll hang the pictures around the vanity.  He's working on a bead board backsplash.  The counter has a protective finish against water.  


Some of my vintage birds flew in immediately for a spot on the shelf! 


As it turned out one of my abstract collage pieces looked very good on the wall opposite the vanity.  A small portion is behind the door but nothing that interrupts the effect of the piece.  Plus, the colors are so lovely!  


Little natural bits on this piece that help carry my theme. 

What do you think??
Join the Conversation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!