Saturday, May 7, 2022

Frugal Friday: Boho Clothes & Vintage Sheets

I stopped at the thrift on my way home today.  I'm loving my new straw hat so much I wanted to get a few summer items I could wear specifically with it.  Last night I wore it with a long summery gauze boho dress and cotton kimono jacket to dinner and felt so chic!  I think I'm going to have fun with it!

I spotted this denim skirt.  Unfortunately the zipper was trashed but when I asked the clerk reduced it in half.  I'll either replace the zipper or add hook & eyes.  
It has a slight olive green cast that I'll downplay.  I found a few tops so I think this will be a fun skirt for layering and wearing. 





I wanted a few blue dresses I could just slip on and go!  I matched a scarf or two and with my new hat and my loads of blue jewelry, I'm ready for anything. 



I found this grey and pale orange shrug/kimono that just WOWed me!  It has ruffles and shine.  It's a little out of my color range (oranges) but I couldn't leave it behind.  So, I built an outfit for it.  Three of these items still had their original store tags.  That always surprises me.  (New with tags) Grey tank, (New with tags) embroidered overdress, chunky lace skirt, (New with tags) shrug and the scarf totaled about $20.   This is going to be dynamite with my new hat! 

I was standing in the open door of the dressing room mocking it up in front of the mirror when I noticed a lady in line waving at me.  When I looked over, she gave me the 2 thumbs up signal.  Ha! ha!  What a hoot! 


The linen department did not disappoint.  3 vintage packaged sheets and duvet cover.  These will get used for The Grateful Threads Project. 


So happy thrifting trip for me!  
Join the Conversation! 


 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun summer wardrobe! I also like to look for items that coordinate at the thrift store. I’ve learned that my finds are more wearable that way. You’re lucky that you can try things on. The places I frequent closed their fitting rooms during the pandemic. I’m afraid they like that so much they will never open them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am really seriously shopping, I’ll wear very slim clothes so I can just try on over what I’m wearing! Yesterday was one of those days. Ha! Ha!

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!