Thursday, October 22, 2020

Sugar Skull Jean Jacket: Almost Finished!

 A couple of detail pictures of my Sugar Skull Jean Jacket.  A few more hours of stitching today and it will be finished.  Yea!  

All of these embellishments are straight outta my stash.  It's fun to see some of them being used after waiting years for their 15 Minutes of Fame.  The green is from a ball of fabric torn and wound into a ball for knitting.  I've never knit with it but thought it would be good trim.  I just put it under the presser foot and bunched/pleated it with a stylus before stitching over it.  Works like a charm!  It softens the hard edges of the grosgrain ribbons. 

 

This is a torn batik pleated ruffle that covers the bottom knit band of the jean jacket.  I love it!  Just like the green strips, I pleated it under the pressure foot before stitching over it.  Very easy! 





 Join the Conversation!
💬💬💬

5 comments:

  1. What a fun, bright array of textures & colors! Luv what's happening here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great art work that you have done on that jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colors—so cheerful. I think the pleated fabric peplum is my favorite detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jacket has a wide knit band & I like it so I kept it but I wanted to cover it. Enter pleated peplum! It's so easy to do too. Now I am thinking I need a few skirts with the idea.

      Delete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!