Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Back to Reality

My Oklahoma guests are on the road back to Tulsa today.  It's always fun to have them visit and sad to have them leave.  


We were able to spend the day in Round Top TX which is the scene of one of the nation's biggest antique/flea market/craft/art shows.  It's held twice a year and this year the spring show was canceled.  

We explored a section and I came home with some ideas.

I love this sweater idea.  The vintage jewelry pieces were glued onto the original buttons.  The sweater had been shortened and lace added.  Great fabric brooch.




I don't know what possessed me to interact with this gal but I had some fun!


This poor gal had so many issues! 



If I had frivolous money & the room in my yard, I would have bought one of these barn toppers.


The halfway point home is always the DQ in Brenham.  


Toni & I did a little fabric shop hop yesterday.  We hit 2 quilt shops & a large JoAnn Fabrics.

After seeing the price of fabrics in the quilt shops I was reminded how much I need to use my good fabrics now on something I like for me.  I never thought I would see $12.49/yd on the end of a bolt of cotton. 

I found some earrings at Round Top & a few beads/trinkets at JoAnn Fabrics for my crazy quilt.




Now it's back to life in the fast lane.  I have a few quilt tops to finish for hire. Later in the week I am meeting a small business owner who called me today about running their embroidery department.   I chatted with her today about the idea of adding reclaimed clothes that feature embroidery and silk screening to the mix.  She seemed interested.  We'll see where this adventure goes! 

Join the Conversation!

💬💬💬

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun outing, and inspiration for future projects is a big bonus. You look great in your new jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather is crisp enough for the jacket. I finished it just in time.

      Delete
  2. I love hearing about your adventures. It looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and I loved the opportunity to get out a little bit.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, the jacket looks cute! The sugar skull earrings will complete the look.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!