Thursday, July 19, 2018

Patchwork Shawl: Even More Progress

The quick shawl is now turning into the 3 day shawl.  It's incredible how that happens.  Even though this is an experiment, I want it to be right. 
I decided about ¾ through I didn't like the patches with the background showing between them.  So, that meant a 3rd layer of pieces added.  I took the shawl off the longarm once to check it. I discovered a huge area without any small blocks.  I decided I like the small blocks.  Soooo, more layers with small blocks.  Can you see how this is turning into Day 3?!

The backing didn't work.  Even though it is black and white which I think of as a nice crisp element, it overpowered the soft blue knit.  I like the blue knit as a contrast to the vivid colors on the front.  Now I have a big black and white shawl to use as a backing on another shawl.  And, that is why I have so many bits and bobs in my studio.  This works, this doesn't; next project. 




Have a Creative Day, Y'All!
It's predicted to hit 100° today.  Electric company is asking for conservative use of electricity to ward off blackouts around the city.  

1 comment:

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!