Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Lexis Memorial Quilt

My daughter-in-law's best friend's sister was killed in an airplane accident this summer in Hawaii.  I didn't know her but I know her sister.  It's been a hard loss for the family so when Michelle asked me to sew a quilt from her sister's clothes for her mother, I knew how meaningful it would be for the family.  I was able to finish it in time for what would have been Lexis' 33rd birthday.  

It's very free spirited as I am told was Lexis.  The quote used on the label was from quotes she had saved on her phone.

It's tough sewing these quilts but it's a much appreciated treasure for the families.  In most cases, the clothes are the last tangible item the family has from the deceased family member.  

Rest in Peace Lexis. 



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful quote. That she would save it tells something of the kind of person she was. The quilt is beautiful and meaningful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sad, tragic loss. This beautiful quilt is sure to be a treasured heirloom for many, many years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!