Saturday, December 23, 2017

Sick!

I'm not sure what I caught but it's been energy draining.  So far I've handled it with NyQuil products and a lot of sleep.  It's a little different being sick when you live alone.  There's no one to fetch anything for you.  I think I am over the worst of it now.  Any plans I had for additional Christmas decorating or gift making have come to a screeching halt.

Before I got sick, I finished quilting a male twin sized quilt.  It will probably be given to one of the charities my church works with in the community.  I love this style of quilt---so abstract and improv; yet, orderly.  I sew these on the longarm using a sew & flip technique.  Everything is bundled together for the most efficiency!  Lots of old and unusual fabrics in this one.  Once the weather warms & I feel better I'll get a full view picture to share.






***
Today is the 21st Day of Advent:  The Advent Lesson tells us that God's Purpose is to Love.  We are given the commandment: Love each other as I have loved you. We know that the arrival of Jesus is the embodiment of God's love for us.
Prayer: We thank you for your love, O God.  Help us to love others.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you've been sick, Debra. You had been going full steam ahead for so long, I swear sometimes our bodies just force us to halt when we need rest. This quilt looks wonderful, like everything you do.. Hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you haven't felt well! You did a great job on this quilt, and Judy is right. You've been going full steam ahead. Yeah, that no one to get things for you is the pits.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Joining the Conversation!